- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small zucchinis, shredded or Diced
- 2 small yellow squash, shredded or Diced
- 1 red onion, shredded or Diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 pound Ground Chicken or Turkey
- 14 Ounces of Diced Tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred or Dice the zucchini, Squash and Red Onion.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and minced garlic, then add the zucchini, squash and onion.
- Let vegetables cook down until soft, then add ½ tablespoon cumin and coriander, 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and a bit of salt and pepper to the vegetables and mix around to coat.
- Then add the diced tomatoes.
- Place ground Chicken (or Turkey) in a bowl along with the rest of the spices and some salt and pepper. Form into meatballs. I made 9 meatballs with the pound of meat. *Note: I suggest Lean Ground meat, as there will be less oil/grease involved*
- Press each meatball into the vegetable mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add fresh parsley on top.